Monday, January 5, 2015

Still here

I haven't forgotten about my intentions to eat more healthy and get exercise.  Christmas was a zoo, though.  A good zoo, but still a zoo.  I didn't really watch my diet other than trying to exercise restraint at times.  But for the most part I gave myself a two week diet vacation.  Next year I don't plan to be so lenient (but I doubt I'll have two weeks of crazy family times when I'm not doing my own cooking).  It was fun, but now it's time to get back on track.

I did go for a lot of walks, but I hurt both my back and knee, and my toe bothers me on occasion, so other than walking I didn't exercise.  I did my fit2be workout this morning and my back and knee are still so stiff.  I had to step way back and go easy.  Not sure what's going on there.  I'm hoping that getting back to healthy eating and regular exercise will help them both finish healing.

I'm actually wondering if the toe and knee are arthritis.  They both don't seem related to any specific movement - they just randomly happen for all I can tell.  Sugar can exacerbate arthritis and I did have a LOT more than usual.

Goals for this month...
Workout plans:  3 days of fit2be workouts (MWF) and three days of long walks.
Food: vegetable servings at two meals, dessert only on certain occasions such as social situations and when I feed the missionaries.  I only anticipate three times this month.

I would like to get back to making green smoothies, but need to go shopping for some things.

My meal plan this week:
Monday Oatmeal /  Leftover lasagna /  butternut squash soup/grilled cheese


Tuesday eggs and toast /  pesto pasta, salad, yogurt /  chicken gyros


Wednesday oatmeal /  turkey sand., salad, yogurt /  black beans and rice, slaw


Thursday eggs and toast /  cheese cracker salami, salad, fruit /  beef stroganoff


Friday pancakes    / chicken pesto sandwich  /  asian salad


No comments:

Post a Comment